- There are many cut-aways used throughout the music video due to their being very few lyrics which the artists/characters can lip sync to.
- The editing is cut to the beat of the song.
- The DJ doesn't play a big role in the music video.
- The concepts explored in house music videos are dancing, love, sexuality and drugs.
- There is only usually one location and one costume worn by the artists/characters and this is because the music video is normally set in one day or night.
- There is also frequently attractive women completing sexy and seductive dance moves usually dressed in clothes that expose their bodies this is used to attract a male audience.
- There is sometimes short takes uncut of the DJ performing in a club.
- There is also parts of the female body shown in close ups however you cannot see who it is.
Thursday, 12 September 2013
What are the conventions of a music video of the house music genre?
Conventions of house music videos: